|To learn more about Indian cuisine, click here. http://www.traveliteindia.com/guide/cuisine.asp|
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
* Wash the rice two or three times in fresh water. Then soak for 30 minutes.
* Meanwhile, soak the cashew nuts in 1 cup water for just 15 minutes.
* Bring water equal to 1 1⁄4 times the volume of rice to the boil in a pot. When boiling add the rice, turmeric powder and 1⁄4 teaspoon salt. The rice should be cooked in 8-8 minutes, when all the liquid should be absorbed. Turn off the heat, remove the rice and spread in a flat dish or pan to cool and dry. Leave for 30 minutes.
* In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil. Fry the chilies for 1 minute, then add the mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds and channa dal, drained cashew nuts and curry leaves and fry for 30 seconds. Add the lemon or lime juice. Add the cooked rice and stir well but carefully with a flat spatula so as not to mash the rice.
* Garnish with coconut. The rice is now ready to serve