Pineapple Fried Rice
This is an all-around favorite. You will find this dish on almost every Thai restaurant's menu. It is also fun to make, because you can actually serve in the pineapple!
1 pineapple, medium sized
4 oz. sliced chicken
3 tablespoons of chopped shallots
1/2 tablespoon ginger, ground
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
2 tablespoons of dried shrimp
3 tablespoons of garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
2 cups steamed rice
1. Cut the pineapple in half lengthwise, and scoop out the fruit. Cut the fruit into bite sized chunks.
2. In a large skillet, heat a tablespoon of oil, and fry the dry shrimp until crispy. Set it aside, and drain the skillet.
3. Add one more tablespoon of oil, and fry the garlic until its becomes golden brown. Turn to medium/high heat Add in the rice, and stir.
4. Add in the fish sauce and sugar; continue to stir for about a minute. Add in the pineapple and the shrimp that you set aside earlier, and continue to stir for about another minute.
5. Put the contents into the halved pineapple, and serve. Garnish with some fresh cilantro and / or sliced beets.